We were WALLOPED here in the Northeast.
Luckily, I was off Friday and Saturday and we were able to dig my car out prior to my call shift on Sunday (we being my husband).
I offered to help my husband shovel, I swear I did...he refused my help. So I hung out in the house :)
I started working on my practice Log Cabin Afghan for Project Linus. I decided to make a practice one first, as I am new to reading patterns. Good plan because my first attempt did not go well:
I somehow ended up with my stripe count off. So, waste not want not, I decided to make the scrapped project into a lovey for E. Added an orange boarder and some tails for him to hold onto.
I then started over and this time it went much better:
A big Thank You to Crochet Along on Google+. I had a question regarding whether this pattern had a right and wrong side, or if mine did just because I am a beginner. I posted the question and part of the pattern and had my answer ASAP (yes, there is a right and wrong side).
I will continue working on this, but I think I may have found a pattern I like even more for the Linus Project (more on that later).
I followed this advice to survive the storm!