The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
What is a Liebster?
The meaning: Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominator has asked you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link to their blogs in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you passed the award to.
- Go back to their pages and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
11 Random Facts About Me: Ali @ Forty before 40
- I read an average of 4 books at a time. One I read on breaks at work, one I carry in my handbag, one I read before bed and one I listen to in the car.
- At 17 I swam with sharks when in Nice, France.
- I was an extra in the Witches of Eastwick.
- If I could live on coffee alone, I would be a happy woman.
- I don't know why, but I never thought I would have a biological child. ALWAYS thought I would adopt. Still think I may adopt one day.
- Nursing is my second career. Career change at 30.
- I can make a mean pizza...I made pizzas for a living through college.
- Gum chewing is a pet peeve of mine...don't like the sound it makes.
- I don't like seafood.
- I love NYC & London. Wish I had lived there at some point.
- Still love Sex & The City even though its been off the air for years.
11 Questions from The Busy Bee's:
- Where is your favorite place on earth? On a chaise lounge, by the water, reading a good book
- What is your favorite food? Brigham's Mocha Chip ice cream
- Why did you decide to start a blog? I had recently given birth to my son E (July), was working, and my brother had a serious health crisis. Oh, and I was soon turning 40. I really felt I would blink, a year would go by and I wouldn't have done anything but work and change diapers. So I decided to make a list of 40 things I wanted to do, see and accomplish over the year and document it with a blog.
- What kind of car would you dream owning? A Subaru Forrester
- Who is your favorite person? My hubby is my best friend. I have many special favorites.
- Are you a people person? I am in the sense that I work with people in my job. Of course that means that I really like my alone time...when you work with the public, alone time is a wonderful thing.
- How did you choose your blogs name? Forty things to see, do and accomplish before 40, hence Forty before 40.
- Are you a parent? Yes, to a wonderful 7 month old boy E and a 18 year old cat named Snoopy.
- If you were to chose someone other than yourself to be, who would it be? Permanently, no one. For a bit? My grandmother Ruth. She saw so many changes in her life time. Born in 1906, she saw 2 World Wars, women's right to vote, TV, cell phones/computers/technology, etc
- What makes you happy? When everyone in my life is healthy.
- How would you describe yourself? Shy, outgoing, loud, crazy, life of the party? My family would say loud, work would say outgoing, I say shy.
Here are the 11 blogs I am nominating (forgive me if you have >200 followers, some sites I couldn't tell):
- USS Crafty
- A Nest for All Seasons
- Sweet Parish Place
- Artsy Chicks Rule
- Watch Out, Martha
- Yummy Cooking Made Easy
- Redhead Can Decorate
- Regan Runs
- Food Babbles
- Melissa Corliss DeLorenzo
- Crafts a la Mode
Questions for those I am nominating:
- What is your favorite book?
- What is the one blog you check every day?
- What is your favorite city to visit?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What is your go to meal to cook?
- Do you go to yard sales/tag sales?
- What is your favorite yard sale/ tag sale find?
- What is the best piece of blogging advice you have received?
- High heels or flats?
- What bad habit would you love to give up?
- Mac or PC?
Thank you to the ladies at The Busy Bee's!